How To Get To Our Place
- Our place is two short blocks north of the Baclayon Public Market.
- If arriving at the pier, many take a pedicab to our place. You should pay no more than P200 for the trip for 2 people. Be sure to agree on the price with the driver. If the pedicabs at the pier want more money, if you wish, walk up the road past the security area and you will find many pedicabs there and someone will agree to your price, maybe even P150 if there are not many passengers.
- If arriving at the airport, taxis or vans are available. Another mode is the airport shuttle bus parked across the airport exit, available for P50 per person to take you, including luggage in the bus, to the Tagbilaran Dao bus terminal/ICM mall. Check that the billboard sign displays this destination. At the bus terminal, transfer to a bus or jeepney that goes eastbound for P10 per person. Baclayon is the first town you get off.
Things to do and services within walking distance while in Baclayon:
- Visit the Immaculate Conception church, the oldest stone church
- View and gaze at the oldest metal pipe organ atop the choir loft
- Visit the church museum. See centuries-old vestments, icons, silver chalices, tiaras, scones and other antiquities.
- Jog or walk the pier in early morning and watch the sunrise and bask in the early sun and sea breeze. Stroll at late afternoon for sunset view or in the evening along a well-lit pier. Swim or dip in our clear and clean waters, especially during high tide. During low tide, don protective footwear when dipping in the sea to avoid injury due to hard rocks.
- Motor boat to Pamilacan Island or inter-island hopping from the pier.
- Al fresco or dine in restaurants in the evening.
- Visit our noisy town public market during Wednesday market days to browse and shop for fresh produce and goods produced by home industries.
- Savor freshly baked goods, fresh produce, mini pharmacy, shops and cafeterias are inside the market.
- Tour the interior of Baclayon heritage homes.
- Shop at the little store across the street for cold drinks like beer, soda, sachet portions of items you missed to pack.